Our All About Palermo History Tour offers travelers a unique opportunity to experience the Sicilian capital in a new light. Begin your adventure in the city center, where you’ll visit the must-see destinations that are an integral part of Palermo. Stop at the magnificent Cathedral, Massimo Theater, City Hall, and the Il Capo Market – a delightful hub of sights and sounds – to name a few. With the help of an experienced local, deepen your knowledge of the notorious influence the Sicilian mafia had here and learn of the brave movement which fought against them. Appreciate the beautiful architecture that graces the rich streetscapes and walk down Cassaro, the city’s most ancient street, to shop at local stores in support of their continued efforts. Be inspired by the strong-willed people of Palermo and their collective drive to ensure a better future for their residents. As you conclude your tour in the old town center, let your guide direct you on where to taste the best Sicilian food, like sardine rolls and the famed cannoli.
History lovers will greatly enjoy our All About Palermo History Tour as the perfect way to experience the city in a compelling way. Visit important landmarks like the Cathedral and Piazza Pretoria and learn of the anti-mafia movement, still active today. This 3-hour tour is available every day year-round. Book your reservation today!
All About Palermo History Tour Highlights
All About Palermo History Tour Itinerary
- Meet your local guide at a centralized location in Palermo
- Spend 3 hours touring Palermo’s history with an experienced local who knows this city inside and out
- Explore the city center’s famous sites such as Piazza Pretoria, the Cathedral, Massimo Theater, City Hall, and the Il Capo Market.
- Learn about the notorious mafia’s influence and the brave anti-mafia movement that rebelled against them
- Visit Cassaro, Palermo’s oldest street and note the ‘pizzo’ sticker on storefronts as a joint effort against paying extortion fees to the mafia
- Be directed where to taste the best Sicilian food in the city
- You will be dropped off at the same location you were picked up from
If you have any questions about our All About Palermo History Tour, please contact us. Our team is standing by and will be happy to help
Dates marked below in green are still available for booking. Clicking on a date will start your booking process.