Our Sicilian Coastal Food & Wine Tasting Tour will take you on the sensory experience of a lifetime as you visit 3 glorious seaside cities of southern Italy. Begin your adventure in Taormina, a town known as the Pearl of the Mediterranean for its natural beauty and magical landscapes. Tour its enchanting cobblestones and explore its rich history including the Piazza Duomo, the Greek and Roman Theaters, Vicolo Stretto – Sicily’s narrowest alley – and Corso Umberto, Taormina’s main street. Travel northwest to Castelmola, a quaint hilltop town hidden in the mountains. Discover remnants of a 12th century Norman Castle and taste original almond wine at Bar Turrisi. Continue south along the Ionian coastline into Giardini Naxos, the first Greek colony of Sicily. Stop into Enoteca to taste locally produced prosciutto, fresh cheeses, extra virgin olive oil, and delectable homemade bread. Come away with a newfound appreciation for fine Sicilian cuisine and excellence.
Our Sicilian Coastal Food & Wine Tasting Tour is exclusively suited for foodies who appreciate fine Italian cuisine; from local produce to the finest wines. Hotel pick-up and drop-off in air-conditioned vehicles are provided for all participants. This private English tour runs daily, all year round, at an hour of your choosing. Secure your booking today!
Sicilian Coastal Food & Wine Tasting Tour Highlights
Sicilian Coastal Food & Wine Tasting Tour Itinerary
- You will be picked up from your hotel in one of the above-mentioned cities.
- Begin with a walking tour of Taormina, also known as the Pearl of the Ionian Sea– legendary for its rich history and sights.
- Walk the main street Corso Umberto, the Greek Theatre, ancient Roman Theatre Odeon, Palazzo Corvaja, St. Caterina Church, Palazzo Duchi di St. Stefano, Vicolo Stretto–Silcily’s narrowest street, Piazza IX Aprile, Piazza Duomo with the symbol of Taormina, the monumental fountain with a female-headed centaur at its center.
- Drive to Castelmola - an ancient town hidden in the mountains. Here you will walk along picturesque medieval streets, see remains of a Norman castle of the 12th century, and visit Bar Turrisi where you will taste original almond wine.
- Head south along the Ionian coastline into Giardini Naxos, the first Greek colony in Sicily. Visit Enoteca - one of the best wine bars in Giardini Naxos, and enjoy beautiful views of the Giardini Naxos bay. Taste locally produced organic food, like cheeses, salami, prosciutto, olives, mushrooms, extra virgin olive oil, and fresh homemade bread.
- The tour ends and drops off at your hotel in Taormina, Catania, or Messina
If you have any questions about our Sicilian Coastal Food & Wine Tasting Tour, please contact us. Our team is standing by and will be happy to help
Dates marked below in green are still available for booking. Clicking on a date will start your booking process.